UpToUs - Privacy StatementLast Updated on September 15, 2019
Our goal is to make it easy for you to share information with people in your community. In order to make sure the information stays inside the community, we give you control of your information. Our default privacy settings limit the information displayed in your profile to your community members and prevents outside parties from viewing it.
UpToUs is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information of our current and prospective users. We are proud of our privacy practices and want you to know how we protect this information and use it to service your account. You do not have to contact us to benefit from UpToUs' privacy protections; they apply automatically to all of our users.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
UpToUs collects the following categories of personal information about you through the UpToUs Service:
* Registration Information: When you register for the UpToUs Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as e-mail and a password, which you choose. We will use this information for providing the services.
* You can access, review, delete and update your personal information at any time by logging into UpToUs and clicking on the My Profile link or on the My Community Settings link. If you would like to change your email address which you used to register wtith UpToUs you can do that by emailing us at [email protected] and providing us with your new information.
* When you visit our site, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Web site using log files. . This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality. Our log files are not tied to personally identifiable information.
* When you use UpToUs, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, perform searches and queries, create communities, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. In most cases, we retain it so that, for instance, you can return to view prior messages you have sent or easily see your community members. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
* When you use UpToUs, you may also "Add a Child" to your profile. You will be able to add First Name, Gender, and Birthdate. In some cases, these children may be under the age of 13. However, none of their information is personally identifiable and is input by Adult Users for the group. We use this information to help you connect with other group members who have children of similar ages. You may change or delete this information on your profile page as well as hide this information from all users. "See Children Under Age 13" as well for more information.
If you use the public support forum on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this forum.
By using UpToUs, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
PROTECTING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use firewall barriers and other industry standards to maintain the security of your online session and to protect UpToUs accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the event we become aware of a data breach or inadvertent disclosure of personal information, we shall take immediate steps to limit and mitigate such security breach to the extent possible. We will notify you, typically within 24 hours of confirmation of the event, and would include the known relevant details as well as suggested plan of action.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at [email protected]
USING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
* We use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our services.
* When you register with UpToUs, you create your own profile and privacy settings. Your profile information, as well as your name, email and photo if you chose to upload one, are displayed to people in the communities specified in your privacy settings.
* Profile information you submit to UpToUs will be available to users of UpToUs who belong to one or more of the communities you allow to access the information through your privacy settings (e.g., classroom, soccer team). Your name, the communities you belong to, and profile picture thumbnail will be available in search results across the UpToUs network. Information you mark as public (only your name by default) may be made available to third party search engines. This is primarily so people in your community can find you and join your UpToUs communities. People who see your name in searches, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they belong to one of your communities and are allowed such access based on your privacy settings.
* We use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties for the purpose of personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you with a better service and so that, where there are advertisements, they're more likely to be interesting to you.
* We will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. If required, we will share personally identifiable information to comply with these legal requirements without your consent.
UpToUs.com complies with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003. UpToUs provides periodic site notifications, and service related announcements. You have the ability to opt-out of site notification and still get messages from your community.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
UpToUs is about sharing information with people in your communities while providing you with privacy settings that restrict other users from accessing your information. We allow you to choose the information you provide and to decide who can access your information. UpToUs limits access to site information by third party search engines. We take action to block access by these engines to personal information beyond your name. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you.
* We provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we host our website on Amazaon Web Servers, and we use Google to send emails. These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time and a limited purpose. They may not use this information for their own promotional purposes. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the UpToUs-specified purposes.
When you use UpToUs, certain information you post or share with third parties (e.g., someone in your community), such as personal information, messages, photos, videos, Marketplace listings or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information, this information may become publicly available.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES AND SPONSORS
Our site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
From time to time we use third party service providers to help us analyze certain online activities. For example, Google Analytics. These service providers may help us measure the performance of our online promotions or determine web site activity. We do not share any personally identifiable information about our users with these third parties, and these third parties do not collect such information on our behalf.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
UpToUs does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for UpToUs or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on UpToUs.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13,, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
OWNERSHIP OF DATA
Your data belongs to you, and you can remove it anytime you want. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers. Despite such removal, portions of your data may remain on our production and back-up servers indefinitely.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
You can contact UpToUs for any questions or suggestions by email to [email protected] When you contact UpToUs via email, we will verify your identity based on your email address. If you contact us via phone, we may ask for personal data in order to link you with your UpToUs account.
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING PRIVACY YOU CAN VISIT THE FOLLOWING SITES:
* The Federal Trade Commission offers an overview of privacy protection. www.ftc.gov